Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Morning


I get to work long before anyone else arrives because I carpool with my husband. The office opens 45 minutes after I arrive. I love the calm and quiet. It is so peaceful.

We have sold several skeins of shawl yarn this week. The color pictured is called Nomad. It is a mixture of grey and beige. I really hated this color at first, but the longer I look at it the more I like it. It goes with everything.

On my Needles: Vanilla socks using Socks That Rock Mustang Sally (a gift from Lou), Good Health Socks using Winter Mountain Fibers Clown Fish Lightweight Sock Yarn, the Victorian Romance Shawl from Goddess Knits using Maine Line 2/8 (another gift from Lou), and a Log Cabin Blanket using up scraps of yarn left over from other projects. I am also adding hand spun yarns that were not enough yardage for a full project. This blanket will be made the way my grandmothers made quilts - just with scraps and not really matching anything.

The weather has turned cold and damp, with a forecast of 6 inches of snow tomorrow. If my arthritis is a forecaster, we should be seeing some snow!

It is now 7 AM and time to go put on a pot of coffee. Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment